Thursday, September 13, 2012

How the heck did I get here?!

In high school, I was a lot of things.  Studious, hardworking, more than slightly self-conscious, boy-crazy ;-)...  But if I could to give myself a "least-likely" title, it would probably be "Least likely to run a marathon".  I know, I know, pretty specific.  But that's because my adult life is centered around running.  And it occurred to me the other day that as an adult I am someone that my adolescent self would have envied.  That is such a cool feeling.

So, yes, my life is centered around running.  Well, not quite centered.  Let's say off-center.  The center of my universe is dominated by three little beauties (Tricity, 3; Isabella, 2; and Callie, 1). 


(what looks like a baby in the back round, is just a doll - NOT an actual baby)

And just off that center are my two other passions:  My husband, the love of my life and my greatest supporter.  And running. 

Isn't that crazy that running ranks that high on my list?  A bad day at work, a rough day at home, a fight with the hubby, and just about anything else can be put into perspective by a good (sometimes LONG) run.

Ever since high school, I've been active.  At one point, I was a trainer and for a little whiel, even owned a health club.  So, naturally, fitness is very important to me.  But my love affair with running is fairly new...  It's been about 3 years, I'd say.

So, why start documenting it now?  Well, I've finally hit my stride (in a matter of speaking) and I'm no longer shy about talking about this.  I have found that I've actually inspired other people...  whether it was to take up running or to start eating better or try another activity.  And I LOVE that I can encourage people to do something that is so great for themselves.

And that's why I've decided to enlist you all as my cheerleaders in my greatest athletic endeavor EVER.  Because I think you'll inspire me and in turn, I'll inspire some of you. 

What can be better than that?

And that's how I got here - to committing to running 26.2 miles on January 12th in Walt Disney World.  My first marathon....  wow, just putting that to print gives me goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment