Thursday, November 8, 2012

Miles to go....

Have you ever had a struggle?  I mean a real struggle where nothing seems to be working.  You try and try and try and yet nothing changes BUT you (being stubborn and unwilling to relent) just don't give up.

I hope you have.  Because what you find when you go through something like that is, eventually, your struggle will end and you will feel invincible for having seen it through.

Mine has been battling my weight after my last pregnancy.  I gave give you all the excuses I've allowed myself - my mom died while I was pregnant, I had three babies in three years, I'm tired, I'm not getting enough sleep, I need food to keep my training up, blah, blah, blah....

The truth is that I'm in control and while I was doing everything I thought I could, the naked truth was I wasn't successful.  My running was sluggish and my weight wouldn't budge.  So, I did the one thing I HATE to do.  I asked for help.  And I got it.  And now, in 5 weeks, I'm down 13 pounds and I'm wondering why it took me so long to realize I just needed some guidance.

My running is easier (and faster) and I feel great.  Not tired, not sluggish...  I feel great!  (wait, did I already say that?  ehhh, it's worth repeating).

And I relate it, as is my habit, to my training.  I see the hills during a long run and I think I'm going to beat this.  I see the miles on my training plan and I know I can run it.  It's going to hurt and I may even cramp up and cry (as I did on Sunday at mile 13 of 14) but I'm going to get it done.

And damn, I feel great!  That 26.2 miles I plan to tackle in January isn't seeming so daunting these days.  It's seeming attainable and just like one more struggle I need to get through to feel stronger and more like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment